Project Manager - Operations
Plowman Craven is a renowned surveying and geospatial company, distinguished for its expertise in providing cutting-edge measurement and imaging solutions. With a rich history spanning over 55 years, we have established ourselves as a leader in the field, delivering precise and comprehensive geospatial data to a diverse range of industries. Our commitment to innovation and advanced technology has earned us a reputation for excellence in areas such as land surveying, laser scanning, BIM, floor flatness and aerial mapping. Our unwavering dedication to accuracy and client-centric consultancy solutions has solidified our position as a trusted partner for projects of all scales and complexities.
We are seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for a range of multi-faceted projects, managing multiple stakeholders.
The role sits within a matrix structure where the successful candidate will reside within the Project Management team. Close working relationships will be required with many stakeholders in all business groups ensuring a cohesive working environment.
The 4 primary project management responsibilities for this role are:
- Client engagement and stakeholder communication
- Project planning and programme management
- Risk assessment and management
- Financial and Commercial management
By working alongside the survey and delivery leads, this leadership role is responsible for and has full ownership of the entire project from sales handover through to delivery.
- Gain a full understanding of the current project management approach and develop ideas to continuously improve this, whether this be mindset, process, or skills.
- For each project, establish a project plan and risk register that delivers against the project budget and gain buy in from the client and the team resourced to undertake the project (internal and subcontract).
- Facilitate handovers from the sales team to ensure that all agreed aspects of a new project instruction are established and well understood by both the client and Plowman Craven.
- Construct a resource plan for the project and through this develop a revenue and cost forecast.
- Work alongside Operational leads in each Business Group to represent the teams, contributing to and influencing the direction of the team and the way it operates.
- As the project progresses, monitor the programme of work and proactively ensure that we deliver against it. Should there be risk to the programme, appraise the risk and take action to mitigate against delay.
- Change Management - should the project plan change, ensure that all stakeholders are communicated to, and that the plan dates, resources and financial forecasts are updated.
- Ensure that the client is kept fully up to date with the project through regular updates and build a relationship with them founded on trust. Proactively provide progress reports and prioritise addressing queries raised by the client so that they feel listened to and satisfied.
- Manage a high volume of projects simultaneously, ensuring each project gets the right level of attention at the right time.
- Assess project risks and develop strategies to manage these risks paying attention to all Health and Safety considerations.
- Undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- A vibrant, passionate, and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices and hybrid options.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Will have experience managing multiple projects at any one time in a fast-paced environment.
- A project management qualification, e.g., APM, ILM / PMI / RICS PM etc.
- An outstanding communicator and collaborator – verbal and written.
- Diligent leading project teams, motivating staff and dealing with issues head on.
- A positive, proactive and agile approach to managing stakeholders and associated problem solving.
- Ability to manage costs within a project and deliver productivity and revenue goals.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Project.
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Will have a knowledge and understanding of surveying or related industry and Plowman Craven markets.
- Experience and understanding of client contracts within a project
- Understanding of the composition of technical quotations and/or tenders.
- Managing projects under an NEC contract.
- Experience in operations management.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Project Manager - Operations ( VA99 )
Please apply for this job role using our People HR System.
To get started please click the apply button below.
The application form will open in a new window/tab.
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.