As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced Senior Surveyor to join our Property Development team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, our Property Development team is involved in a variety of measurement survey solutions throughout every stage of the RIBA Plan of Work. Over the years the team has been involved in a number of exciting development schemes including Olympia London, Elephant & Castle, Brent Cross and Clapham Park. Our clients are prestigious and include the likes of Gardiner & Theobold, Mace, Great Portland Estates and Hammerson, amongst others.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
To take the responsibility of leading the project survey team on allocated projects, collaborating with the Project Manager and Delivery Lead to meet the project objectives. To act as a mentor and role model for Surveyors and Junior Surveyors.
- Oversee all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Act as mentor, helping team members gain the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time.
- Working in conjunction with the project survey team, discuss and agree the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to drive success against programme, quality and commercial objectives
- Pro-actively communicate with the project team including the delivery team and provide reports on project progress for allocated tasks to the Project Manager, encouraging the survey team to do the same on their tasks.
- Support the Project Manager in Programme building, ensuring all required tasks are considered and timescales allowed are achievable.
- Working with the Project Manager, ensure each survey task is resourced with the right skills and equipment, in a way that prioritises consistency throughout the lifecycle of the project, and considers opportunities for professional development aligned with PCL competency framework.
- Lead by example on managing all project data, ensuring the project team are adhering to company protocols including but not limited to file naming, folder structures, file sizes, archiving and security.
- Ensure that the project survey team deliver the project to the appropriate level of quality.
- Review internal surveyor work in accordance with the QA Checklist by the task owner and delivered to the CAD/Revit Authoring Teams in a ‘client ready’ format.
- Review and prepare feedback for external supplier work in accordance with the QA Checklist.
- Ensure independent QA checks on specific tasks are completed as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, oversee survey subcontractors on your projects and their work, ensuring adherence to the technical specification, required company standards and the agreed timescales of a project in order to ultimately meet PCL commercial expectations.
- To liaise with clients as required concerning project specifications, deliverables and other technical matters.
- Promote the implementation of new technologies into Plowman Craven survey operations. Ensure that survey teams are fully aware of new technologies and assist in developing skills and capabilities to ensure that new technologies are adopted, developed and understood.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
*Project team relates to a combination of all teams within the business that are required to complete all aspects of an individual project from Sales to Delivery.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Hybrid Working Approach with offices based in Harpenden and London.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- At least 6 years’ general Surveying experience; preferably with an associated degree
- Laser Scanning, Topographical surveying, Measured Building surveying experience
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Full UK manual driving license; access to their own vehicle
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications; using N4ce, Cyclone & AutoCAD would be desirable
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Senior Surveyor ( REC259 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.