PC Monitoring provides manual and automated structural monitoring, environmental monitoring and engineering services to the construction industry. With a forward-thinking and progressive approach, we deliver expert advice and practical benefits to clients requiring complete and seamless monitoring solutions.
To assist the Project and Operations Managers to ensure the PC Monitoring Group meets the required deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. To develop and draft key project documentation and prepare data reports in line with the client’s programmes and requirements. Be actively evolved with all aspects of the project, including technical data management, operational and commercial functions.
- Actively participate in and champion the PC Monitoring teams drive to improve and maintain the quality of deliverables.
- Collate and prepare technical data reports for issue to the client.
- Under data preparation for analysis using MS excel and other bespoke monitoring software packages.
- Prepare project documentation including Method Statement and Risk Assessments.
- Prepare schedules and works programmes, in line with resource and contract commitments.
- Arrange and prepare project documentation required for final reports and commercial records.
- Assist PC Monitoring group management team at client meetings and presentations.
- Brief project teams on requirements and instructions and report on site progress to the PC Monitoring management team.
- Undertake site visits to assess the design and installation of monitoring systems.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of site and survey records.
- Assist on the preparation of bid and technical proposals.
- Assist in the preparation of technical design documentation.
- Deputise in the absence of the PC Monitoring Project Manger
- Arrange access to work sites, with clients and third parties.
- Provide progress reports to clients.
- Prepare and update commercial forecasts
- Review/ update company financial systems
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices, as well as remotely.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Civil Engineering or surveying degree or at least 1 – 2 years post-graduation experience in construction and/or surveying.
- A good knowledge and understanding of manual surveying or automated systems.
- Experience in generating project documentation suit, methods statements, risks assessments etc, and accurate recording of work actives, programme and progress.
- The ability to communicate on a technical level with clients on quotes, project specifications and technical matters related to the project.
- Will have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Understand project costs and basic contract knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepared to be involved with projects which may run outside of normal working hours and weekends
- Strong aspirations to develop to a Project Management position
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Experience of automated monitoring systems used in the civil monitoring environment.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Project Engineer ( REC256 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.