UAV Data Technician
This role is based in Harpenden.
The success of Plowman Craven’s Vogel UAV services has placed an unprecedented demand on the current team resulting in the need for additional support in this new role.
The overall responsibility of this role is to oversee and manage the processing, movement and storage of all photogrammetry and point cloud data captured by the UAV team and to communicate project progress to all relevant stakeholders.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, Trusted and Trailblazers.
- To lead data processing elements of UAV projects to meet the required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety
- To take responsibility for UAV data processing and Orthophoto processing using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification, liaising with fellow Surveyors/Project Manager as appropriate
- To liaise closely with survey, CAD and management teams to ensure a constant and appropriate flow of data to maximise efficiency.
- To ensure robust quality assurance procedures are in place and adhered to.
- To manage the data – ensuring that databases and projects are split appropriately, naming conventions, data storage and archive protocols are followed
- In conjunction with the UAV Manager and Project Manager to pro-actively report on project progress, and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- To perform all reasonable tasks related data management within the project team
- Understanding of photogrammetric principles and sources of error
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and proactive approach to managing project demands and associated problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and experience of Photogrammetry Software
- Working knowledge of laser scanning operations with particular focus on the registration, unification and quality management of point clouds
- Will have experience establishing and developing relationships with clients
- Working experience of Cyclone and experience of point cloud data
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Have a surveying or photogrammetry related degree
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org