Surveyor, Property Development
This role is based in Harpenden.
Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to business of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Surveyor to join our Property Development team in Harpenden to work at the cutting-edge of scan to BIM modelling on numerous prestigious projects.
- To take responsibility for leading and delivering smaller projects or aspects of larger projects independently or in conjunction with fellow surveyors.
- To lead all projects to meet the required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager, Senior or Principal Surveyor, to advise on the most appropriate technology and the most efficient way to deliver projects.
- To take responsibility for data collection operations on site and data processing using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification, liaising with fellow Surveyors as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to pro-actively report on project progress, and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- To liaise with clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables.
- To coach and instruct staff on all aspects of data collection and data processing, encouraging all aspects of “best practice”.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Will have approximately 2-4 years’ general Surveying experience
- Laser Scanning experience
- Will be a pro-active and effective communicator
- Will have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Will be self-motivated and pro-active
- Will have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Experience in the production of measured building surveys.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com