Senior Revit Technician
This role is based in Harpenden.
Want to be part of an organisation that pioneers the use of technical innovation, has proven expertise and delivers trusted results?
Plowman Craven is the UK’s leading Geomatics company delivering integrated measurement and consultancy services to the property and infrastructure markets. Our dedicated BIM Centre of Excellence embraces innovative workflow processes and technology enhancements that make us a distinguished industry leader in our field.
We’re looking to recruit a number of experienced and energetic Senior Revit Technicians as integral members of our BIM team, who will be responsible for ensuring compliant Revit models are created and delivered within specified timeframes. We’re looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with a suitable knowledge of Revit and a passion for driving quality. You will be involved in design team discussions and client meetings, and be capable of managing, motivating and energising a busy team of Revit Technicians involved in producing high quality BIM-models for some of the UK’s major landmarks and schemes.
You will be part of a leading provider of services into the property and construction environment whose key clients include Parliamentary Estates Directorate, Royal Household and City of London.
- To take the role of Senior Revit Technician; authoring models, managing, motivating and energising a team of Revit Technicians to deliver high quality – Revit models compliant to specification and delivered on time
- Liaise with Project Managers, Surveyors and fellow technicians, ensuring that the most appropriate modelling workflow, techniques, and software are utilised across the Project team
- To validate and verify graphical and non-graphical model data ensuring consistency across the project deliverables
- To upskill your team with Revit specific knowledge that will add value to the project
- To ensure that all BIM projects deliver a great service by guaranteeing they beat client expectations and meet Company standards – in aspects such - as quality, timeliness and health & safety
- To have a passion to learn and develop greater breadth of understanding across the world of BIM
- To support Project teams, providing basic technical advice about Revit
- To support the BIM Manager in attending client and design team meetings with them
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
Skills & Experience
- A good understanding of BIM and knowledge of BIM standards
- A strong knowledge of Revit with a minimum of 3 years Revit experience
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good team management skills – candidates must have previous experience of managing a team
- Ability to communicate effectively across project teams, clients, colleagues and suppliers. Experience of using other BIM software such as ArchiCAD; Tekla; AECOSim desirable
- Experience of AutoCAD; Clash Detection; Rule Set Making; Dynamo; CDE Interface desirable
- Architectural/Engineering related degree of qualification desirable, but not essential
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org