Junior Data Processor
This role is based in Harpenden.
Under the guidance of the Project Lead Surveyor and Data Processor, undertake data processing, movement and storage of VogelR3D, Amberg and static scan data ultimately progressing to be able to process infrastructure projects from start to finish.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, Trusted and Trailblazers.
- To assist with the processing of data captured with the Amberg track trolley system, Various static laser scanners and the VogelR3D UAV system. Generating and manipulating data in order to produce deliverables including 3D point clouds, topographical surveys, survey reports, gauging surveys, track and road alignments and 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
- To ensure that data back up and data management of is carried out in line with Company policy.
- To take responsibility for data processing tasks as directed by surveying staff, pro-actively liaising with them to ensure timely completion of tasks to the required standards.
- To pro-actively take responsibility to learn survey theory and practice, new techniques and software, in order to embark on career as a survey data processor.
- To assist with laser scanning data processing and registrations
- To assist with 3D drafting services in AutoCAD / MicroStation as appropriate, across all parts of the business as required
- To assist with the processing of photography and preparing TruViews and visualisations.
- To organise equipment for weekend shifts
- To undertake site work when necessary.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s graded between C and A* containing math’s and English
- Have the interest and enthusiasm to learn survey practice and process ensuring that a high standard of work is maintained throughout every process that you are involved in.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Positive and proactive approach to managing project demands and associated problem solving
- Prepared to be involved with projects which may run outside of normal working hours and weekends.
- Experience of working in a rail and road environment
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org