Business Development Manager
This role is based in Harpenden.
Plowman Craven has unrivalled experience of serving the property sector, providing the highest standards of service, integrity, performance and innovation. Our property focused teams are involved in many aspects of property measurement and consultancy throughout a project lifecycle and with the application of modern technology and timely delivery, we deliver accurate multi-disciplinary measurement services in a highly cost-effective approach.
The initial and immediate focus of the post of the Business Development Manager will be to maximise the companies’ market position and increase sales opportunities within the property sector working across 2 core teams. The role will require finding new clients, sourcing new opportunities to bid against and operating in new market segments through various mediums.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, and Trusted.
- Source a targeted number of new enquires per month outside of the company’s core key accounts
- Conduct face to face meetings with new clients to maximise opportunities
- Research potential new clients and pinpoint key decision makers to meet and pitch services to.
- Convert target clients into active prospects in order to increase Plowman Craven’s portfolio and revenue stream.
- Work with the account management team to develop proposals that aim to exceed clients’ expectations and provide a bespoke service.
- Participate in compiling the proposal/service.
- Raise Plowman Craven’s profile as the industry leader by networking
- Re-activating dormant clients and encouraging joint ventures.
- Work with the Account Managers to present new products and services to enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry networking events and conferences
- Identify opportunities and routes to market that would lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Work in different market segments to identify opportunities and revenue streams
- Work closely with account managers, project managers and operations managers to help identify opportunities and secure projects that meet target requirements
- Provide regular progress reports on activity and opportunities
- Represent and promote the company and its brand positively
- A proven track record in business development and sales
- background in either Commercial Property, Construction or Surveying
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team in order to deliver service level agreements and meet targets.
- Will be a pro-active communicator with good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to break down barriers and speak to decision makers in an unknown territory.
- Understand targets and revenue streams in order to achieve results.
- Previous experience of relationship management and new business development.
- Will be self-driven, results orientated with a positive and “can do” attitude and a clear focus on high quality Business Group performance.
- An ability to generate leads, close opportunities and build and retain relationships with clients in order to achieve targets.
- Proven track record in negotiating, engaging and developing relationships in person.
- A strong understanding of IT applications
- Strong IT skills with Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Sales focused.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and reprioritise and juggle work to ensure deadlines are achieved
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org