Freelance Architectural Revit Modeller
This role is based in Luton.
To be part of a small and exceptional project team working at the cutting-edge of scan to BIM modeling for arguably the most prestigious BIM project in the country.
- Preparation of working as built models and drawings of building systems and services using Pointcloud.
- Testing and construction of architectural, structural and MEP as built models
- Produce final information for use in preparation of layouts, schedules of information and asset tagging, etc.
- Prepare specification for component families and elements to be used within the model
- To produce 3D BIM-ready models in Revit from point cloud data measured by our experienced team of in house surveyors
- Identify and research problem areas associated with large, complex heritage buildings to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new techniques and to solve specific problems.
- Prepare models, sketches, drawings and specification showing materials used, construction and finishing methods and other details
- Provides technical consultancy services
- To ensure that the project delivers a great service by guaranteeing it beats client expectations and meets Company standards – in aspects such as quality, timeliness and health & safety
- To work under the supervision and guidance of the project BIM Co-ordinator to ensure that the most appropriate modelling workflow, techniques, and software are utilised across the Project team
- To work collaboratively and proactively with other team members to ensure that they understand and execute every project in the most effective way, encouraging best practice in every fashion
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
- Will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in Revit Architecture and/or structures in a commercial practice
- Will have a strong knowledge of Revit
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Architectural-related degree or qualification
- Will have a minimum of 12 months experience of working on scan to BIM projects
- Experience working in the survey industry
- Experience modelling to a high level of architectural detail
- Experience of using other BIM softwares / applications such as AECOSim or Navisworks
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Survey instrumentation and software
- Involvement in guiding and training others in Revit techniques
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the Project Team - clients, colleagues and suppliers
- A passionate advocate of BIM
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com