Student Surveyor - Summer Placement
Join Plowman Craven as a Student Surveyor - Summer Placement!
Are you a university surveying student with a passion for precision, a thirst for adventure, and an appetite for hands-on experience? Plowman Craven, a leader in surveying and geospatial solutions, is on the lookout for a dynamic Student Surveyors intern to join our property and infrastructure teams for an exciting 8-week (1st July to 30th August 2024) summer placement!
We're not just hiring a Student Surveyor; we're looking for someone who loves precision, craves adventure, and is eager to learn and grow. If you're a self-starter, a team player, and have a passion for turning data into actionable insights, you might be the perfect fit!
- Conduct field surveys using cutting-edge equipment (think lasers, GPS, and drones!).
- Assist in data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Collaborate with our experienced surveying team on exciting projects.
- Embrace new technologies and methods to stay ahead of the curve.
- Bring creative problem-solving skills to the table and be part of the solution squad.
What We Offer:
- 8-week placement paid at £27,500 on a 40-hour contract.
- Successful completion and assessment to obtain a Graduate Surveyor role within three months after finishing the degree.
Permanent Role as Graduate Surveyor:
- Minimum starting salary commitment of £30,000 per annum.
- £1000 bonus upon graduation and start of the Graduate Surveyor role in the following year.
- £1000 bonus upon completion of the first year on the Graduate Program.
Mentoring and Career Acceleration:
- Mentorship to shape your future with impactful projects and technical knowledge.
- Hands-on learning and professional development.
- Gain insights from industry experts in a supportive learning environment.
- Currently enrolled in university; ideally between year 2 and year 3.
- Pursuing a degree in surveying or a related field.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute.
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude.
Plowman Craven is an equal opportunity employer, and we'll take additional measures to support any candidate that needs assistance with the recruitment process.
Ready to embark on a summer of precision and adventure? Apply now and be part of our dynamic team at Plowman Craven!
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Student Surveyor - Summer Placement ( VA96 )
Please apply for this job role using our People HR System.
To get started please click the apply button below.
The application form will open in a new window/tab.
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.