Junior Surveyor - Infrastructure
Plowman Craven is a renowned surveying and geospatial company, distinguished for its expertise in providing cutting-edge measurement and imaging solutions. With a rich history spanning over 50 years, we have established ourselves as a leader in the field, delivering precise and comprehensive geospatial data to a diverse range of industries. Our commitment to innovation and advanced technology has earned us a reputation for excellence in areas such as land surveying, laser scanning, BIM, floor flatness and aerial mapping. Our unwavering dedication to accuracy and client-centric consultancy solutions has solidified our position as a trusted partner for projects of all scales and complexities.
We are seeking to appoint a Junior Surveyor for our Infrastructure Team based in Harpenden but working on site across the UK. The Junior Surveyor role requires someone educated to GCSE/A level standard with several years of survey experience, or a recent graduate with introductory survey experience looking to start and develop their career within the rail survey industry.
- Working with senior surveyors assist in the data collection and data processing elements of all projects in the teams’ portfolio and to meet the required Company standards including health and safety.
- To pro-actively take responsibility to learn survey theory and practice, new techniques and about new instruments, to embark on a career as a professional surveyor.
- To rotate around the different business areas and gain varied experience and learn about specific ways of working.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Hybrid Working Approach with offices based in Harpenden and London.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a self-motivator, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to learn and problem solve are essential to this role.
- Must be able flexible on work location and working hours including the requirement to undertake night shift working and some weekends as required within the rail Industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate a true passion to build a career in surveying and be prepared to work on sites throughout the UK.
- Have a keen interest in working with cutting edge survey technologies.
- Must possess a clean driving license and assess to their own vehicle to travel to office/sites.
- Associated site clearance (CSCS, PTS) would be advantageous but not compulsory.
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Laser scanning experience
- Rail industry experience
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and shall take additional measures to support any candidate that needs assistance with the recruitment process.
Click here to read the full job description
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Junior Surveyor - Infrastructure ( VA90 )
Please apply for this job role using our People HR System.
To get started please click the apply button below.
The application form will open in a new window/tab.
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.