Surveyor - Property Development
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets. Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Surveyor, Client Delivery Manager and Project Delivery Team, propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to specification and programme.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project, meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Take ownership of assigned elements of projects, including logistics and as part of the team take action to support success in other phases.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the Lead Surveyor at the appropriate level of quality and in a ‘client ready’ format.
- To take responsibility for managing project data, following company protocols from collection to final delivery
- To pro-actively report on progress of work to the project team, ensure that the required deadlines are met, and project costs remain within budget.
- To coordinate and communicate with other project teams on site including subcontractors.
- Support junior surveyors in gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Provide feedback to the Lead Surveyor on the performance of junior staff.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices, as well as remotely.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Approximately 3 years’ general surveying experience
- Laser Scanning experience
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Full UK manual driving license
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Topographical surveying experience
- Measured Building surveying experience
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Has own vehicle suitable for supporting project logistics
- Experience using N4ce, Cyclone & AutoCAD
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Surveyor - Property Development ( VA88 )
Please apply for this job role using our People HR System.
To get started please click the apply button below.
The application form will open in a new window/tab.
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.