Junior Surveyor - Property Management
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE COPIED HERE FOR EXTERNAL ADVERTISING BY HR TEAM
headers - change to Header 2
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for Junior Surveyor to join our Property Management team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, our Property Management team is involved in a variety of measurement survey projects from city offices and mixed-use portfolios to shopping centers and high street retail schemes. Our clients are prestigious and include the likes of JLL, Knight Frank, CBRE and Cushman & Wakefield, amongst others.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by the employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
We are looking for experienced Surveyor to join our Property Management team in Harpenden supporting nationwide projects working with the latest technological advancements.
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Surveyor, agree on the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to drive a predictable and agreed commercial outcome for PCL.
- Core desire to learn new skills in order to progress towards becoming and well-rounded Surveyor within Property Management and across the business.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Take responsibility for managing project data, from its collection to final delivery using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification.
- Ensure adherence to the technical specifications, Company standards and the agreed timescales of projects in order to ultimately meet PCL commercial expectations.
- Report on project progress to Project Managers, ensuring projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- Liaise with Clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables, reporting all communications to Project Managers & Lead Surveyor.
- Work with Lead Surveyor to gain experience and knowledge in all aspects of data collection and data processing, with the aim of gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to develop skills over time.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Hybrid Working Approach with offices based in Harpenden and London.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- UK Driving Licence Pro-active and effective communicator Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Can solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on-site
- Strong understanding of IT applications
- Flexible on work location and hours
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- General Surveying experience
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of measured building surveys.
- Experience in the production of measured building surveys.
- Knowledge of RICS Property Measurement Standards & Guidelines
- Experience using AutoCAD
We are an equal opportunity employer and shall take additional measures to support any candidate that needs assistance with the recruitment process.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Junior Surveyor - Property Management ( VA86 )
Please apply for this job role using our People HR System.
To get started please click the apply button below.
The application form will open in a new window/tab.
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.