IT Operations Engineer
Plowman Craven is a leader in the field of Geomatics and provides a diverse range of technology-led services to the Property and Infrastructure industries. Plowman Craven takes pride in being at the forefront of technology and using the very latest developments to provide world-class services to our clients.
Plowman Craven’s IT services underpin all aspects of the business, from Finance and HR to Project Management and Operations. The IT team also works extensively alongside our Technical Development team on the latest developments to ensure that current and future services remain at the forefront of the industry.
An exciting position has become available to strengthen the interface between the IT Team and the wider Technical and Operational teams. The role reports directly to the Head of IT.
To proactively support the business in the delivery of growth and development initiatives through the provision of outstanding IT services.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Sales or 2nd-line support engineer who is looking to move beyond pure IT and to apply their comprehensive IT knowledge to help resolve operational business challenges. You will be working with Plowman Craven’s wide range of cutting-edge survey technology and using your IT experience to help drive our technical development. Great interpersonal skills are required as you engage with all stakeholders.
- To proactively engage with all parts of the business to identify opportunities to improve existing systems and processes, and to troubleshoot problems
- To work with the Technical and IT teams to define project plans and agree priorities
- To lead the delivery of identified IT projects to agreed scope and timescales
- To drive the growth and adoption of Cloud technology for data, systems, and communications
- To find cost-effective solutions for globally hosting, sharing, and archiving huge volumes of data
- To be a key advisor to the Head of IT in building future systems as part of our digital transformation
- To work with the IT team to support the service desk and ticketing system, using root-cause and trend analysis to identify areas for improvement
- To assist IT team members in day-to-day activities, planning and implementing future technologies, providing support and meeting team objectives
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks and holiday cover as required
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing technical solutions in a Microsoft environment, including Office 365, Teams and SharePoint
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud technology, including Azure, AWS and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Experience with managing and interacting with SQL Databases
- Proactive, personable, and approachable attitude, with a can-do mentality and a willingness and desire to resolve user’s problems
- Excellent customer-facing skills with good communication skills, both written and oral, especially when talking to non-technical staff
- Lateral thinker with a natural ability to solve problems and challenges
- Proven track record of on-time project delivery
- Experience in change management and adoption
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Previous experience of managing large datasets in a project-led environment, including file transfer, backup and recovery
- Familiarity with software and web development, including Java, WordPress, Python, PowerApps, and API integration
- Experience with supporting and developing Financial systems and business reporting
- Previous experience of Cloud transformation
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with supporting AEC software packages such as AutoCAD and Revit
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible/Remote working (role dependent)
- Harpenden & London based offices
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for IT Operations Engineer ( REC203 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.