Junior Utilities Surveyor
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for Junior Surveyors to join our Utilities team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, our Utilities team is involved in a variety of survey solutions, from pinpointing the exact location of underground services to undertaking line and level surveys in sewers, river culverts, cable tunnels and on rail infrastructure.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
To support the surveying team to manage the life cycle of the project life cycle against the project specification and the guidance of the lead or senior surveyor. Working on utility projects throughout the UK.
The Junior Surveyor role requires someone educated to GCSE/A level standard with several years of survey experience, or a recent graduate of the looking to start and develop their career within the survey industry.
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Surveyor, agree on the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to drive a predictable and agreed commercial outcome for Plowman Craven.
- Core desire to learn new skills in order to progress towards becoming and well-rounded Surveyor within Utility business group and across the business.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Take responsibility for managing project data, from its collection to final delivery using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification.
- Ensure adherence to the technical specifications, Company standards and the agreed timescales of projects in order to ultimately meet Plowman Craven commercial expectations.
- Report on project progress to Client Delivery Managers, ensuring projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- Liaise with Clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables, reporting all communications to Client Delivery Manager (CDM) & Lead Surveyor.
- Work with Lead Surveyor to gain experience and knowledge in all aspects of data collection and data processing, with the aim of gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to develop skills over time.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- General Surveying experience
- UK Driving Licence
- Pro-active and effective communicator
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of Utility Infrastructure.
- Experience using AutoCAD
What do you get?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices, as well as remotely.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Junior Utilities Surveyor ( REC252 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.