Lead Engineering Surveyor
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineering Surveyor to join our Industrial Flooring team. By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
Manage survey teams on site for ‘floor flatness’ projects, liaising with general contractors, cleaners and grinding teams to ensure the survey works are carried out to the required specification, are carried out efficiently on site, to the highest quality whilst maintaining programme. Resolving any issues both technical and operationally as they arise. Initial processing of the data may also be required.
Working independently to set out fiducials using a total station after new floor has been laid. Setting out to be carried out to high accuracy. On-site training to be given.
This role will involve working on construction sites and within operational distribution centres nationwide and within Europe. The role will involve working away from home for periods of time.
- To manage a team of surveyors on site, programming activities daily to ensure works are carried out efficiently and to programme. Liaise with on-site contractors as needed to ensure floors are ready for surveying.
- To carry out setting out works to meet the required company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Working independently, to take responsibility for setting out each day using the methodology provided.
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings (site/remotely) as needed.
- Oversee processing of data to ensure it meets specification/accuracy requirements.
- Processing of point cloud data in Cyclone.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A minimum of 5-years General Survey, Civil Engineering and Setting out survey experience with a proven track record of delivery.
- Experience of working on construction sites and managing teams on site.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of health and safety within a construction environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Survey / Scanning instrumentation
- Good communication skills – the ability to liaise with contractors on site/Client and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to succeed are essential to this role.
- Pro-active and effective communicator.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications.
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours.
- CSCS Passes.
- Driving Licence; access to your own vehicle.
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- A degree/HND in survey/civil engineering or equivalent recognised qualification.
What do you get?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme.
- Ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices, as well as remotely.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- 50% discounted gym membership
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Lead Engineering Surveyor ( REC240 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.