As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced Utility Surveyors to join our Utilities team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, our Utilities team is involved in a variety of survey solutions, from pinpointing the exact location of underground services to undertaking line and level surveys in sewers, river culverts, cable tunnels and on rail infrastructure.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
We are looking for an experienced Utilities Surveyor to join our team. The right candidate will need to have 3-4 years + experience as a Utilities Surveyor and have experience in delivery to PAS128 Standard.
- Work will include but not be limited to utilities and topographical surveying with key tasks being:
- Manhole lifting and assisting with the observation of measurements
- Total station and GPS/GNSS observations
- Locating utilities via electromagnetic locators and ground penetrating radar
- Post processing of EML data in AutoCAD (2D/3D)
- Post Processing of GPR Data in GREDHD
- Line and level surveys of sewers, including confined space access
- Working in conjunction with the Survey Lead, Client Delivery Manager and Delivery Team, propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to specification and programme.
- To lead the data collection and data processing elements of your projects and to meet the required Company standards including health and safety.
- Take ownership of assigned elements of projects, including logistics and as part of the team take action to support success in other phases.
- To pro-actively report on progress of work to the project team, ensure that the required deadlines are met, and project costs remain within budget.
- To coordinate and communicate with other project teams on site including subcontractors.
- Support junior surveyors in gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Provide feedback to the Survey Lead on the performance of junior staff.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the appropriate level of quality, ensuring that the delivery team can progress with production.
- To take responsibility for managing project data in line with company protocols.
- To liaise with Clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Approximately 3-4 years’ general Surveying experience
- Use of GPR and Electromagnetic Locating techniques
- Be able to use GPS/GNSS equipment proficiently
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering
- QCF Level 3 Minimum
- Willingness to undertake confined space work in sewers
- CSCS Certified
- Understanding of PAS128 Standards
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Confined Space City & Guilds (High Risk)
- Sewer line and level survey experience
- AutoCAD & GREDHD knowledge
- NRSWA Certified
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- 50% discounted gym membership
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Utilities Surveyor ( REC237 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.