As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Surveyor to join our Industrial Flooring team. Utilising the latest technological advancements, the team has been involved in a number of high-profile projects across the globe. We have lots of other exciting projects in our pipeline and we're currently looking for an Engineering Surveyor to join us in this exciting, fast-paced environment.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
Working independently to set out fiducials using a total station after new floor has been laid. Setting out to be carried out to high accuracy. On-site training to be given by Lead Surveyor.
This role will involve working within an operational distribution centre in the Warrington area.
The role will also involve liaising and working with the on-site contractors each day to ensure the process each day runs efficiently and successfully.
- To carry out setting out works to meet the required company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Working independently, to take responsibility for setting out each day using the methodology provided by the Lead Surveyor.
- In conjunction with the Lead Surveyor to pro-actively report on project progress each day and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines. This will include assisting the Lead Surveyor with information, such as work logs, timings, quantities to enable quality checks to be carried out each day.
- To liaise with the on-site contractors to ensure works are carried out efficiently, safely, to programme and to the required accuracy.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A minimum or 3-years General Survey, Civil Engineering and Setting out Survey experience with a proven track record of delivery.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety within a construction environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Survey/Scanning instrumentation.
- Good communication skills – the ability to liaise with contractors on site/Client and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to succeed are essential to this role.
- Pro-active and effective communicator.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site,
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- CSCS Passes
- Driving Licence
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- A degree/HND in survey/civil engineering or equivalent recognised qualification
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- 50% discounted gym membership
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Engineering Surveyor ( REC221 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.