As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for Senior Surveyors to join our Infrastructure/Rail team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, including UAV, our Infrastructure team is involved in a wide variety of measurement survey solutions. Over the years the team has been involved at a number of exciting locations including Battersea Pier, Don Viaduct and Crossrail. Our clients are prestigious and include Network Rail, Osborne, Waterman Group and BAM Nuttall, amongst others.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale. As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Surveyor for our Infrastructure Team based in Harpenden but working on site across the UK. The Senior Surveyor role requires significant survey experience, ideally having previously worked within the rail industry.
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager(s), propose the most efficient technical methodology to deliver projects and drive the agreed commercial outcome for both the client and company
- Working with the Managing Surveyor, when appropriate, to build a realistic approach for each new client opportunity; managing programme timing and resource considerations to successfully deliver each client programme at a price and margin acceptable to the company
- Assist and support the client proposal process with the Project Manager(s) at the bidding stage to maximise the company’s opportunity to win the work
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety
- Ensure project survey teams are prioritised, and where possible ensure surveyors work throughout the project life-cycle
- Ensure that projects quality standards are delivered from both surveyors and subcontractors working on the project and is available to the QA team in a format ready for the client
- To take responsibility for managing project data, from its collection to final delivery, using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification
- In conjunction with the Partner Manager and Lead Project Surveyors, manage subcontractors and their work on a specific project, ensuring adherence to the technical specification, required Company standards and the agreed timescales of a project
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to pro-actively report on project progress and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget
- To liaise with clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables
- To coach and instruct your colleagues and subcontractors on all aspects of data collection and data processing, encouraging best practice at all times
- Act as mentor to the dedicated survey team by helping junior surveyors gain the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time; address all technical training gaps in a timely fashion
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
What do you get?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture
- A learning culture to excel through professional development and management training opportunities
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Wellbeing and social events programme
- Hybrid working approach with offices based in Harpenden and London
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 5 -10 years + survey experience
- Pro-active and effective communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- A strong understanding of IT applications to process all aspects of survey data
- Competency in processing and reviewing CAD deliverables
IT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Laser scanning experience
- Rail industry experience
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional membership & development
- Salary sacrifice pension contribution scheme
- Flexible/remote working (role dependent)
- Travel loans & travel cards (Zone 1+2) for London-based roles
- Access to fleet vehicles
- Life assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellbeing & mental health programme
- 50% discounted gym membership
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Harpenden & London offices
- Employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of employees
- EOT profit sharing scheme
Apply for Senior Surveyors ( REC217 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.