UAV Lead Photogrammetrist
As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced UAV Data Technician/Photogrammetrist to join our UAV team for a fixed term of one year commencing in November 2021; with future opportunities to join a successful and growing UAV team or other roles within the company once the maternity cover is complete. The UAV team supports business groups across our company from property development and infrastructure projects including exciting location Battersea Pier, Don Viaduct and Crossrail, working alongside prestigious clients.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
The overall responsibility of this role is to oversee and manage the processing, movement and storage of all photogrammetry and point cloud data captured by the UAV team and to communicate project progress to all relevant stakeholders.
- To lead data processing elements of UAV projects to meet the required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety
- To take responsibility for UAV data processing and Orthophoto processing using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification, liaising with fellow Surveyors/Project Manager as appropriate
- To liaise closely with survey, CAD and management teams to ensure a constant and appropriate flow of data to maximise efficiency.
- To ensure robust quality assurance procedures are in place and adhered to.
- To manage the data – ensuring that databases and projects are split appropriately, naming conventions, data storage and archive protocols are followed
- In conjunction with the UAV Manager and Project Manager to pro-actively report on project progress and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- To perform all reasonable tasks related data management within the project team
What do you get?
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefit of the employees.
- A vibrant, passionate and collaborative working culture.
- A learning culture that enables you to excel through our professional development and management training opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration packages with performance related bonus.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Wellbeing and social events programme.
- Flexible working, with the ability to work from our Harpenden & London offices, as well as remotely.
- Understanding of photogrammetric principles and sources of error
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and proactive approach to managing project demands and associated problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and experience of Photogrammetry Software
- Working knowledge of laser scanning operations with particular focus on the registration, unification and quality management of point clouds
- Will have experience establishing and developing relationships with clients
- Working experience of Cyclone and experience of point cloud data
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Have a surveying or photogrammetry related degree
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible/Remote working (role dependent)
- Harpenden & London based offices
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for UAV Lead Photogrammetrist ( REC214 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.