As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced Engineering Surveyor to join our PC Monitoring team. Utilising the latest technological advancements, the team has been involved in a number of high-profile projects over the years including various Gaswork Developments, Convoys Wharf, Bloomberg HQ and King’s Cross. We have lots of other exciting projects in our pipeline and we're currently looking for an Engineering Surveyor to join us in this exciting, fast-paced environment.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
To lead the Engineering Survey activities for the department, to provide expert knowledge to the team and encourage development through training of PC Monitoring surveyors.
Participate in providing solutions to the management team for improvements of onsite processes and workflows to improve efficiency and quality.
- Working with the Project and Operations managers to lead Engineering survey teams on site and being responsible for data collection, data processing and ACAD production of projects in the teams’ portfolio and to meet the required Company standards including health and safety
- To pro-actively take responsibility for a variety of Engineering surveys including control establishment, as built, setting out, topographic and verticality surveys
- Should be able to work alone or as part of a team and have the experience to manage site works directly with the client to improve efficiency
- Must have had experience of working on construction sites and provide the flexibility to meet the clients demands with high quality outputs and robust survey processes
- Is expected to take an active role within the team training and supporting junior members of staff enabling them to progress within the profession
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
You must have:
- A degree/HND in a survey/civil engineering or equivalent recognized qualification
- A minimum or 3-years site survey experience with a proven track record of delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to succeed are essential to this role
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering. Degree or HND
- Approximately 3 years’ experience in Engineering and Setting Out surveys
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Driving Licence
It would be nice for you to have:
- CSCS Card
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible/Remote working (role dependent)
- Harpenden & London based offices
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for Engineering Surveyor ( REC207 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.