As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for a Survey Assistant to join our PC Monitoring team. Utilising the latest technological advancements, the team has been involved in a number of high-profile projects over the years including various Gaswork Developments, Convoys Wharf, Bloomberg HQ and King’s Cross. We have lots of other exciting projects in our pipeline and we're currently looking for a Survey Assistant to join us in this exciting, fast-paced environment.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
This role provides a challenging working environment, working flexible/casual schedules on various large exciting client projects throughout London and the South East on a zero hours contract.
- Working with senior surveyors assist in the data collection and data processing elements of all projects in the teams’ portfolio and to meet the required Company standards including health and safety
- To pro-actively take responsibility to learn survey theory and practice, new techniques and about new instruments, in order to embark on a career as a professional surveyor
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
You must have:
- A related educational background or work experience would be advantageous but not compulsory
- Applicants must demonstrate a true passion to build a career in surveying
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to learn are essential to this role
- Approximately 1 -2 survey experience or qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Driving Licence
It would be nice for you to have:
- Experience in Monitoring, Engineering and Setting Out surveys
- CSCS Card
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible/Remote working (role dependent)
- Harpenden & London based offices
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for Survey Assistant ( REC206 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.