As one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK, Plowman Craven provides a range of services to the property, rail and infrastructure markets.
Our innovation, dynamic approach and commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or how challenging, our clients trust us to provide a service that goes beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Surveyor to join our Property Development team. Working nationwide utilising the latest technological advancements, our Property Development team is involved in a variety of measurement survey solutions throughout every stage of the RIBA Plan of Work. Over the years the team has been involved in a number of exciting development schemes including Olympia London, Elephant & Castle, Brent Cross and Clapham Park. Our clients are prestigious and include the likes of Gardiner & Theobold, Mace, Great Portland Estates and Hammerson, amongst others.
By joining Plowman Craven you’ll be part of a growing organisation that is 100% owned internally by our employees and directors. Our independence means we can adapt quickly and remain agile in order to safeguard our future growth as we continue to deliver market leading measurement survey and consultancy services on an unrivalled scale.
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Surveyor, Client Delivery Manager and Project Delivery Team, propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to specification and programme.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project, meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Take ownership of assigned elements of projects, including logistics and as part of the team take action to support success in other phases.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the Lead Surveyor at the appropriate level of quality and in a ‘client ready’ format.
- To take responsibility for managing project data, following company protocols from collection to final delivery.
- To pro-actively report on progress of work to the project team, ensure that the required deadlines are met, and project costs remain within budget.
- To coordinate and communicate with other project teams on site including subcontractors.
- Support junior surveyors in gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Provide feedback to the Lead Surveyor on the performance of junior staff.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
You must have:
- Approximately 3 years’ general Surveying experience
- Laser Scanning experience
- Topographical surveying experience
- Measured Building surveying experience
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Full UK manual driving license
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
It would be nice for you to have:
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Has own vehicle suitable for supporting project logistics
- Experience using N4ce, Cyclone & AutoCAD
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible/Remote working (role dependent)
- Harpenden & London based offices
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for Surveyor ( REC204 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.