Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to businesses of varying size and, regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced Surveyors to join our Property Services teams in Harpenden and London supporting nationwide projects working with the latest technological advancements.
- Working in conjunction with the Lead Surveyor, Client Delivery Manager and Project Delivery Team, propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to specification and programme.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project, meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Take ownership of assigned elements of projects, including logistics and as part of the team take action to support success in other phases.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the Lead Surveyor at the appropriate level of quality and in a ‘client ready’ format.
- To take responsibility for managing project data, following company protocols from collection to final delivery.
- To pro-actively report on progress of work to the project team, ensure that the required deadlines are met, and project costs remain within budget.
- To coordinate and communicate with other project teams on site including subcontractors.
- Support junior surveyors in gaining the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Provide feedback to the Lead Surveyor on the performance of junior staff.
- To work flexibly, including occasional night work and work away from home when required
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- Approximately 3 years’ general Surveying experience
- Laser Scanning experience
- Topographical surveying experience
- Measured Building surveying experience
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner
- Full UK manual driving license - ideally with own vehicle suitable for supporting project logistics
Have a strong understanding of IT applications - experience of using N4ce, Cyclone & AutoCad
Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Contribution Scheme
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
- An employee owned company held in a Trust for the benefits of the employees
Apply for Surveyor ( REC196 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.