To manage projects within a rail market sector, ensuring they are delivered to the project specification on time and within budget, keeping the client and other internal personnel/functions up to date with project progress in a timely manner.
- To manage and coordinate the production of access documentation, RAMS and programmes on behalf of the Infrastructure team.
- To produce the project plan ensuring that project scope and project objectives are fully incorporated and agreed.
- To assess project risks and develop strategies to manage these risks.
- To coordinate with the appropriate Manager/s to ensure adequate resourcing for each stage of the project.
- To provide full project briefing and instruction to the Project Team to ensure scope, specification and targets are understood and accepted by all Project Team members.
- To coordinate and manage the logistics of the project, maintain financial control, manage revenue and invoicing processes.
- To provide financial assessments of project progress as required and seek to improve efficiencies to increase project revenues.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships within the alliance companies to allow effective project delivery.
- To establish and maintain contact with the Client and Project Sponsor on a regular basis, proactively providing progress reports on the project.
- To maintain frequent communication with Project Team members, appropriate Manager/s and Operations Administration team to track project progress and if required take remedial action to ensure project objectives are met.
- To gain Project Sponsor agreement for any changes to project scope.
- To ensure data and file management and quality control processes are carried out in line with Company policy.
- Have a good understanding of available survey solutions and technologies.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for the Infrastructure team and develop proposals in support of sales.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Project management experience within the construction environment.
- Experienced in managing a volume of multiple, large and complex projects at any one time.
- Pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in establishing and developing relationships with clients.
- Positive and pro-active approach to managing client demands and associated problem solving.
- Experience of briefing Project Teams.
- Proven experience and understanding of business finance/commerciality and ability to manage costs within a project.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepared to be involved with projects which may run outside of normal working hours and weekends.
- Willingness to travel to sites in locations other than the South East, as required.
- Desirable but not essential: Experience of the rail industry; Survey knowledge and/or experience; PTS/LUL certification
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Project Manager ( REC178 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.