Surveyors/Senior Surveyors - Infrastructure & PC Monitoring
Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning, UAV and measuring data services to businesses of varying size and, regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
We are looking for experienced Surveyors/Senior Surveyors to join our Infrastructure (Rail) and PC Monitoring teams, facilitating projects to the highest standard of survey accuracy and detail. These teams have been involved in a number of high-profile projects over the years including various Gaswork Developments, Convoys Wharf, Battersea Pier and Guildford Station. We have lots of other exciting projects in our pipeline and we're looking for a range of surveyors to join us in this exciting, fast-paced environment.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, and Trusted.
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager to propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects and drive a predictable and agreed commercial outcome for Plowman Craven.
- Working with the Operations Manager, build a realistic approach to each new client opportunity and determine programme timings and resources required to successfully deliver each client program at a price and margin acceptable to Plowman Craven. In doing so, assist in building a client proposal with the Project Manager at the planning stage to maximise Plowman Craven opportunity to win work.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received, meeting all required Company standards such as quality and health & safety.
- Ensure the project survey team is resourced in a way that prioritises consistency throughout the project lifecycle. Wherever possible, the same surveyors should work on a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure projects are delivered to the appropriate level of quality. Internal and external surveyor work should be delivered to the QA team in a ‘client ready’ format.
- To take responsibility for managing project data from its collection to final delivery using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification.
- In conjunction with the Partner Manager and Lead Project Surveyors, manage subcontractors and their work on a specific project, ensuring adherence to the technical specification, required Company standards and the agreed timescales of a project in order to meet Plowman Craven commercial expectations.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager pro-actively report on project progress, ensure that projects meet required deadlines and that project costs remain within budget.
- To liaise with clients as required on-site concerning project specifications and deliverables.
- To coach and instruct internal staff and subcontractors on all aspects of data collection and data processing, encouraging all aspects of “best practice”.
- Act as mentor to the dedicated survey team by helping more junior surveyors gain the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Work with the senior surveyor team to make sure that surveyor development programs are in place and that skills gaps are identified and action is taken to remediate.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Approximately 3-5 years' general surveying experience
- Experienced in all traditional survey techniques and processing
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Have ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner when on-site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Willingness to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering desirable
- Experience in working in the Rail environment desirable
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Surveyors/Senior Surveyors - Infrastructure & PC Monitoring ( REC175 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.