To project manage the survey and automated instrumentation systems for the PCM Group, ensuring that projects are appropriately resourced and that each project specification is delivered on time and within budget, keeping the client and internal personnel/functions up to date with project progress in a timely manner.
- To manage the production of quotations, programmes, design and installation of survey and automatic monitoring systems on behalf of the PCM.
- To produce project plans ensuring that project scope and project objectives are fully incorporated and agreed. Monitor project risks and develop strategies to manage these risks.
- Provide full project briefing and instruction to the project teams to ensure scope, specification and targets are understood and accepted.
- Coordinate and draft project and access documentation.
- To establish and maintain contact with the client and project sponsor on a regular basis, providing progress reports on projects.
- To provide financial assessments of project progress as required, and seek to improve efficiencies to increase project revenues.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships within the alliance companies to allow effective project delivery.
- Ensure data and file management and quality control processes are carried out in line with company policy.
- Undertake presentations and provide technical support to clients on complex monitoring projects.
- Have a good understanding available survey and/or instrumentation solutions.
- Be actively evolved with business development for PCM within the monitoring market. Proactively seek out opportunities for PCM, and develop proposals in support of PCMs expansion plan.
- A degree in an engineering, surveying or management discipline.
- 3 - 5 years plus post-graduation experience in survey or engineering
- A good knowledge and understanding of survey or automated monitoring systems and/or construction management with proven project delivery.
- Experience in specification review and tender production.
- Experience of data interpretation and management.
- Experience in monitoring system design and problem solving.
- Experience of operating within the rail environment.
- Will have the ability to communicate on a technical level with clients on quotes, project specifications and technical matters related to the project.
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Will have experience establishing and developing relationships with clients.
- Positive and proactive approach to managing client demands and associated problem solving
- Experience of briefing Project Teams.
- Proven experience and understanding of business finance/commerciality and proven ability to manage costs within a project
- Understanding of commercial account preparation and applications.
- Has an understanding of construction contracts and contract processes.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepared to be involved with projects which may run outside of normal working hours and weekends
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Project Manager ( REC167 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.