Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in measuring data services to business of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
The Junior Geophysicist role requires someone educated to GCSE/A Level standard as we intend to provide full training with the possibility of a Level 5 (degree level) apprentice course in Geospatial Mapping at a local university (details to be concluded).
As a Junior Geophysicist you will undertake part or parts of the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
- To assess Ground Penetrating Radar Data from multiple equipment across multiple software platforms.
- Display proven GPR experience in the processing of GPR data in the detection of utilities and anomalies.
- Obtain brief from project managers prior to each project to ensure correct survey results are obtained, processed to Plowman Craven and the clients specifications.
- Use appropriate software packages to produce required client outputs or enable data.
- Understanding of PAS128 and associated industry guidelines.
- Work with other teams to provide the project managers with completed survey reports to the required standard, format and output – within the required timescales.
- Liaise with the management team, keeping them updated on the stages of the project.
- Produce and maintain reports and databases with project updates.
- Follow Risk Assessment and Method Statements. Follow Health and Safety reporting guidelines.
- You may also be required to undertake duties within other areas of the company as and when required.
Essential Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Applicants must demonstrate a true passion to build a career in surveying
- Experience using GPR post-processing software
- Degree within related field desirable.
- Strong IT skills including competency in the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team working, a proactive attitude and willingness to learn are essential to this role.
There may be a requirement to work some unsociable hours including weekends and night shifts
You will be expected to work in many different environments including but not limited to the rail environment.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Junior Geophysicist ( REC165 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.