Assistant Project Manager
To provide support to the project manager, taking responsibility for delegated tasks and fully manage business projects at the appropriate level of experience.
Work with the Lead Surveyor and surveying team to deliver projects to the specification, on time and within budget, keeping all internal and external stakeholders up to date with the progress.
■ Provide the Project Manager with support, ensuring projects progress in a timely fashion and take sole management of small projects defined as less than £20k.
■ Tasks include but not limited to:
· Compiling project specifications / risks assessments /method statements
· To coordinate and manage the logistics of the project
· Provide subcontractors with sufficient project information for tendering purposes
· To maintain frequent communication with project team members, appropriate manager/s and operations Tracking and reporting progress on delegated elements, including provision of cost, delivery and revenue forecasts
· Implementation of lone working procedure for the surveying team
· Ensure data management procedures are adhered to
· Be able to undertake administrative tasks in the absence of Project Support
■ Manage projects in collaboration with the Lead Surveyor, taking appropriate leadership and guidance where applicable from the Project Manager; tasks include:
· To establish and maintain contact with the Client and Project Sponsor on a regular basis, proactively providing progress reports on the project
· Writing quotations
· Working with the Project Manager to produce the project plan ensuring that scope and objectives are fully incorporated and agreed
· Coordinate the appropriate teams and subcontractors to ensure adequate resourcing for each stage of the project.
· Ensure that project programme, quality and commercial objectives are met
· To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested
■ Understand the methodology or have practical experience coordinating projects
■ Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills
■ Able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
■ A motivated person with a strong pro-active “can do” attitude who can work on their own initiative
■ Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure on a variety of tasks at once to tight deadlines
■ Flexible approach to work, constantly aligning with changing priorities
■ Strong Numeracy
■ Great team player
■ Experience of managing small projects
■ Will have a knowledge and understanding of surveying correlated industry
■ Will have experience establishing and developing relationships with clients
■ Experience of briefing project teams
■ Experience of tracking project programmes and commercials
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Assistant Project Manager ( REC162 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.