Environmental Project Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Project Manager to join our busy and growing environmental division. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team member with an environmental background and project management skillset. As an Environmental Project Manager, you will work closely with the Head of Environmental Planning to deliver the strategy of the business.
- Working alongside the Head of Environmental Planning, you will control and be accountable for the delivery of multiple projects and financial performance. This will include agreeing the scope of the work, the project specification, visiting site when necessary and consulting with technical staff and other managers as appropriate.
- Support the delivery of technical work, including:
- Management of environmental surveys for large portfolio projects;
- Support with environmental monitoring (noise, vibration and air quality) and construction environmental management.
- Undertaking, coordination and managing environmental assessments to support planning and support with report writing including input in the drafting of Environmental Statements and planning documents;
- Reviewing technical reports
- Prepare quotations and tender documents. Subsequently, coordinate the appropriate teams and subcontractors to ensure adequate resourcing for each stage of the project.
- Partnering with the client and your multiple technical staff, you will be responsible for producing the project plan ensuring that project scope and project objectives are fully incorporated and agreed.
- Provide full project briefing and instruction to the project team to ensure scope, specification and targets are understood and accepted by all Project Team members.
- To establish and maintain contact with the Client and Project Sponsor on a regular basis, proactively providing progress reports on the project.
- To maintain frequent communication with project team members, appropriate manager/s and operations administration team to track project progress and if required take remedial action to ensure project objectives are met.
- Coordinate with Project Support Administrators to track team wide metrics to ensure revenue and productivity targets are met.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Must have experience managing a volume of multiple projects at any one time in a fast-paced environment.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline (e.g. ecology, contaminated land, acoustics or air quality).
- Experience working as an environmental consultant, project management or similar.
- Will have an understanding of the composition of technical quotations and/or tenders.
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills with all stakeholders.
- Positive and proactive approach to managing client demands and associated problem solving.
- Strong team worker – able to listen to requirements and work well with others.
- Experience at managing sub-consultants and/or a range of environmental disciplines.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work. Strong report writing/review skills.
- Proven experience and understanding of business finance/commerciality and proven ability to manage costs within a project and deliver productivity and revenue goals.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work, constantly aligning with changing priorities and timescales effecting project delivery.
- An effective team player.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Environmental Project Manager ( REC148 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.