JOB TITLE: Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: BIM Manager
Posting date: 23rd August 2019
Closing date: 23rd September 2019
Location: Harpenden office
Quality, innovation, collaboration form the foundation of our BIM services. Working within our BIM Centre of Excellence, this operational role will enable Plowman Craven to continue to drive the quality within our model deliverables.
To join the talented and highly skilled BIM team and play an active part in the successful delivery of landmark schemes ensuring quality and data compliance within Revit.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, and Trusted.
- To take the role of BIM project lead and ensure the delivery of high quality Revit models compliant to specification and delivered on time.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Surveyors, internal team members and external suppliers, ensuring that the most appropriate modelling workflow, techniques, and software are utilised across the Project team.
- To validate and verify graphical and non-graphical model data ensuring consistency across the project deliverables in accordance with the company QA standards and protocols.
- To ensure that all BIM projects deliver a great service by guaranteeing they beat client expectations and meet Company standards – in aspects such as quality, timeliness and health & safety.
- To have a passion to learn and develop greater breadth of understanding across the world of BIM.
- To assist the business in outsourcing and supply chain management.
- To support Project teams, providing basic technical advice about Revit.
- To provide technical, quote/document based wording and estimation alongside the sales team ensuring competitive prices and timescales.
- To support the BIM Co-ordinator / BIM Manager in attending client and design team meetings with them.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Understanding of what BIM is and the importance of data.
- Knowledge in BIM standards Will have a minimum 3 years’ experience in Revit.
- Will have experience in Solibri Model Checker for validating and verifying models
- Architectural / Engineering related degree or qualification
- Experience working with the construction industry with particular understanding of working with point cloud data.
- Project Management experience
- Strong knowledge in Revit
- Experience of using other BIM softwares / ArchiCAD / Tekla / AECOSim
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Clash Detection experience
- Rule Set making experience
- Dynamo experience
- CDE interface experience
- Good team management
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Involvement in guiding and training others in data validation and verification techniques
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the Project Team - clients, colleagues and suppliers
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Design Engineer ( REC147 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.