Quality, innovation, collaboration form the foundation of our BIM services. Working within our BIM Centre of Excellence, this information authoring role will enable Plowman Craven to continue to drive the quality within our model deliverables.
The primary purpose of this role is to champion MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health / Plumbing) modelling within the talented and highly skilled BIM team and play an active part in the successful delivery of landmark schemes ensuring quality and data compliance within Revit.
In addition to the technical and commercial aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, and Trusted.
- To champion the modelling of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health / Plumbing) Elements within Revit across all Scan to BIM projects for the business.
- To provide training and on-project-coaching in the authoring / QA of MEP and associated elements to the wider BIM team.
- To author models within Revit, working collaboratively with the rest of the authoring teams Project Managers, Surveyors and fellow technicians, ensuring that the most appropriate modelling workflow, techniques, and software are utilised across the Project team.
- To be fully committed to delivering high quality Revit models from point cloud data measured by our experienced team of in house surveyors, in accordance with the company standards and QA protocols.
- To validate and verify graphical and non-graphical model data ensuring consistency across the project deliverables.
- To ensure that all BIM projects deliver a great service by guaranteeing they beat client expectations and meet Company standards – in aspects such as quality, timeliness and health & safety.
- To have a passion to learn and develop greater breadth of understanding across the world of BIM.
- To support Project teams, providing basic technical advice about Revit.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of what BIM is.
- Knowledge in BIM standards.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in modelling MEP within Revit.
- MEP related degree or qualification.
- Experience working with an MEP design/ build practice.
- An understanding of working with point cloud data.
- Ability to author other disciplines, eg Architectural and Structure
- Experience using Synchro
- Strong knowledge in Revit and Navisworks
- Experience in AECOSim
- Experience of using other BIM software, eg. ArchiCAD and Tekla
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Clash Detection experience
- Rule set making experience
- Dynamo experience
- CDE interface experience
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Involvement in guiding and training others in data validation and verification techniques
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the Project team- clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Loyal, Self-motivated and pro-active
- A passion to learn and develop further understanding of the BIM process.
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality outputs.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for MEP Technician ( REC131 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.