Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to business of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Surveyor to join our PC Monitoring team in London to work on numerous prestigious monitoring and engineering projects across London.
In addition to the technical and leadership aspects of the role, we expect individuals to demonstrate our key characters; Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, and Trusted.
- Working in conjunction with the Survey Manager/Senior Surveyor, propose the most appropriate technology and the most efficient method to deliver projects to drive a predictable and agreed commercial outcome for PCL.
- Conduct all surveying and technical aspects of a project once client instruction has been received meeting all required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Ensure as part of a project survey team which is resourced in a way that prioritises consistency throughout the lifecycle of the project. Wherever possible the same surveyors should work on a project throughout its lifecycle
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the appropriate level of quality. Internal and external surveyor work should be delivered to the QA team in a ‘client ready’ format.
- To take responsibility for managing project data, from its collection to final delivery using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification.
- To liaise with Clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables plus solve on-site challenges.
- To coach and instruct internal staff on all aspects of data collection and data processing, encouraging all aspects of “best practice”.
- Act as mentor to the dedicated survey team by helping more junior surveyors gain the necessary experience and technical knowledge to further develop skills over time. Work with the senior PCL surveyor team to make sure that surveyor development programs are in place and that skills gaps are identified and action is taken to remediate.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- Approximately 2-4 years’ Precise Surveying and Engineering experience
- Experience of total stations and precise levels required
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering.
- Experience in Monitoring, Engineering and Setting Out surveys required.
- CSCS Card
- Pro-active and effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and pro-active
- Have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Have a strong understanding of IT applications
- Experience of survey software packages such as N4ce, Starnet plus Word and Excel required
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Surveyor ( REC123 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.