To manage projects within our relevant market sectors, ensuring the internal and external team productivity targets and overall team revenue targets are achieved.
Collaborating with a Lead Surveyor and surveying team to deliver projects to the specification, on time and within budget, keeping the client and other internal personnel/functions up to date with project progress in a timely manner.
- Working alongside the Lead Surveyor, you will control and be accountable for the financial performance and delivery of multiple projects. This will include agreeing the scope of the work, the project specification, visiting site when necessary and consulting with technical staff and other managers as appropriate.
- Partnering with the client and your Lead Surveyor, you will be responsible for producing the project plan ensuring that project scope and project objectives are fully incorporated and agreed.
- To assess project risks and develop strategies to manage these risks.
- To coordinate the appropriate teams and subcontractors to ensure adequate resourcing for each stage of the project.
- Alongside the Lead Surveyor, provide full project briefing and instruction to the project team to ensure scope, specification and targets are understood and accepted by all Project Team members.
- To establish and maintain contact with the Client and Project Sponsor on a regular basis, proactively providing progress reports on the project.
- To maintain frequent communication with project team members, appropriate manager/s and operations administration team to track project progress and if required take remedial action to ensure project objectives are met.
- Line manage Assistant Project Managers and Project Support Administrators where applicable.
- Track team wide metrics to ensure revenue and productivity targets are met.
- You are responsible for the production of quotations.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Will have experience managing a volume of multiple projects at any one time in a fast paced environment.
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills with all Stakeholders.
- Positive and proactive approach to managing client demands and associated problem solving.
- Experience of briefing Project Teams.
- Proven experience and understanding of business finance/commerciality and proven ability to manage costs within a project and deliver productivity and revenue goals.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexible approach to work, constantly aligning with changing priorities and timescales effecting work patterns (outside of normal working hours and weekends)
- Will have a knowledge and understanding of Surveying or related industry and Plowman Craven markets.
- Will have an understanding of the composition of technical quotations and/or tenders.
- Proven track record achieving revenue and productivity targets
- Line Management experience.
If you have any questions about this role please email email@example.com
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for Project Manager ( REC120 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.