The role of Project Manager, within our Property Management team is a very unique role and should not be confused with other Project Manager roles seen in the market place. We’re looking for candidates who have strong project management experience and are at the stage in their career where they are interested in career progression in a fast-paced commercial environment.
At Plowman Craven we require strong organisational, customer service focused and administrative individuals who can prioritise their workload and have the passion to deliver an uncompromised service to our clients.
The primary purpose of the role will be to manage projects within a particular market sector, ensuring they are delivered to the agreed project specification, on time and within budget, keeping the client and other internal personnel/functions up to date with project progress in a timely manner.
- To control and be accountable for the estimate of a project. This will include identifying the scope of the work, the project specification, visiting site when necessary and consulting with technical staff and other managers as appropriate.
- To produce the project plan ensuring that project scope and project objectives are fully incorporated and agreed.
- To assess project risks and develop strategies to manage these risks.
- To coordinate with the appropriate Manager/s to ensure adequate resourcing for each stage of the project.
- To provide full project briefing and instruction to the Project Team to ensure scope, specification and targets are understood and accepted by all Project Team members.
- To coordinate and manage the logistics of the project.
- To establish and maintain contact with the Client and Project Sponsor on a regular basis, proactively providing progress reports on the project.
- To maintain frequent communication with Project Team members, appropriate Manager/s and Operations Administration team to track project progress and if required take remedial action to ensure project objectives are met.
- To take on the responsibility of mentoring Junior Project Managers where applicable.
- To gain Project Sponsor agreement for any changes to project scope.
- To ensure data and file management and quality control processes are carried out in line with Company policy.
- Responsible for a number of Key and other smaller accounts for particular clients cross-selling all of the services of Plowman Craven
- To build sales relating to Property Services Team
- An ability to maximise revenue and enhance profitability through an understanding of the client requirements & market conditions
- Will have experience managing a volume of multiple projects at any one time in a fast paced environment.
- Will have experience in an Account or Commercial Management, or Sales orientated capacity.
- Will be a pro-active and persuasive communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive and proactive approach to managing client demands and associated problem solving
- Experience of briefing Project Teams.
- Proven experience and understanding of business finance/commerciality and proven ability to manage costs within a project
- Keenness to progress and develop a career within Project Management
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepared to be involved with projects which may run outside of normal working hours and weekends
- Will have a good understanding and awareness of the property markets Plowman Craven operates in
- Will have a knowledge and understanding of Surveying
- Will have an understanding of the composition of technical quotations and/or tenders
- Proven track record achieving sales and productivity targets
- Will have experience establishing and developing relationships with clients.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Project Manager ( REC120 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Business Support Roles
Property Development Roles
Property Management Roles
PC Monitoring Roles
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.