We’re currently looking to recruit a highly experienced BIM Manager/ Coordinator to join our talented, motivated and hugely skilled BIM team and play an active part in the successful management and delivery of BIM projects ensuring quality and data compliance.
We manage models and projects involving complex engagements with clients through concept to completion, often involving landmark buildings. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our leading experts and BIM visionaries – some of the brightest brains in the industry!
You will have the opportunity to lead a team who have delivered in excess of 250 models in the last 12 months, servicing a diverse client base. Our recent successes included delivering the largest Revit model in the world, and this is only just the beginning of the project. You will have the opportunity to work with clients such as Parliamentary Estates Directorate (Strategic Estates) and Royal Household.
Furthermore, you will play a key role in the development and growth of the Plowman Craven BIM Consultancy. Our recent projects include Eton College, an NHS Trust and several Universities. We also are involved in the digital transformation of the rail industry made possible through our unique industry leading UAV Technology.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to enhance the growth of our BIM capabilities, support and influence the wider company aspirations. You will also help attract the very best talent to be a part of the companies BIM Centre of Excellence and innovation.
Our dedicated BIM Centre of Excellence embraces innovative workflow processes and technology enhancements that make us a distinguished industry leader in our field.
- Be passionate about the field of BIM and in turn be a leading contributor to the evolution of our BIM Centre of Excellence.
- Be responsible for leading and delivering landmark projects for our Tier 1 clients.
- Be Client facing representative of the business.
- Motivate the team and keep them energised.
- Lead and influence large authoring teams in building complex and cutting-edge models.
- Support the Head of BIM and other team champions in further developing our BIM service, whether it be in Scan to BIM or the complete consultancy picture.
- Adapt and Support the wider business in a fast-moving environment.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Surveyors and rest of the BIM team to ensure the most appropriate workflows, techniques and software are utilised effectively.
- Fully committed to deliver high quality models that change the standards of modelling across the industry as well as maintaining company QA standards and consistency.
- Have the ability and willingness to learn the latest software and BIM workflows to maintain an industry leading deliverable.
- Play an influential role in technical sales; supporting the sales team in converting opportunities into projects; technical estimation of authoring tasks.
- Perform the Information Manager and BIM Coordinator Role on BIM Consultancy projects.
- Play an active role in supporting the growth of the PCL BIM Consultancy - Work alongside the Head of BIM to build a positive and competent image of the PCL BIM Consultancy.
- Undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Architectural / Engineering related degree or qualification.
- Team Management experience, capable of working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Client Facing – ability to present, chair, assist, contribute and direct meetings.
- 5 years minimum of a collection of the following: Solibri Model Checker, Navisworks, Revit, AECOSim
- BIM Level 2 Experience;
- Writing of BIM Documentation including (but not limited to) Operational Information Requirements, Asset Information Requirements, Employers’ Information Requirements, BIM Execution Plans, Responsibility Matrix, MIDP etc.
- Delivering a variety of BIM Level 2 projects.
- Implementation of BIM Level 2 within a business.
- Common Data Environment Setup, Management and Use.
- BIM Coordination Activities Experience;
- Clash Detection and Reporting
- Leading BIM Coordination Meetings
- Excellent Collaboration and Communication Skills are essential.
- Project Management Skills would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate PCL character traits -Innovation, Creative, Passionate, Bold, Ambitious, Relentless, Trusted and Trailblazers.
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work and offers a range of competitive family friendly benefits including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave - increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Professional Membership and Development
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Enhanced Pensions Contributions
- Health Care benefits
- Life Assurance
- Social activities organised throughout the year
- Wellbeing Group
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours (role dependent)
Apply for BIM Manager ( REC118 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.