Plowman Craven is one of the largest measurement survey companies in the UK with a solid reputation within both the public and private sectors. Our innovation and dynamic approach sets us aside from our competitors and our commitment to deliver a flawless service is achieved by investing and empowering our employees to push boundaries and reach new heights. We specialise in providing laser scanning and measuring data services to business of varying sizes and regardless of the size of project or the challenge it presents, our clients can trust us to provide a service that will go beyond their expectations!
We are looking for an experienced Rail Surveyor to join our Infrastructure team in Harpenden.
- To take responsibility for leading and delivering small and large rail projects or aspects of larger projects independently or in conjunction with fellow surveyors.
- To lead all projects to meet the required Company standards, such as quality and health and safety.
- Working in conjunction with the Project Manager, Senior or Principal Surveyor, to advise on the most appropriate technology and the most efficient way to deliver projects.
- To take responsibility for data collection operations on site and data processing using the most appropriate technology and methodology to meet the project specification, liaising with fellow Surveyors as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to pro-actively report on project progress, and ensure that projects meet the required deadlines and project costs remain within budget.
- To liaise with clients as required on site concerning project specifications and deliverables.
- To coach and instruct staff on all aspects of data collection and data processing, encouraging all aspects of “best practice”.
- To undertake all other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Will have approximately 2-4 years’ Rail Surveying experience
- Laser Scanning experience
- Will be a pro-active and effective communicator
- Strong data processing experience
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Will be self-motivated and pro-active
- Will have the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner out on site
- Willing to be flexible on work location and working hours
- Qualification relevant to Surveying and/or Civil Engineering or similar
If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Rail Surveyor ( REC075 )
Please complete all required fields before submitting the form.
Business Support Roles
Property Development Roles
Property Management Roles
PC Monitoring Roles
Benefits of working at Plowman Craven
Plowman Craven is a great place to work, where we always attract, develop and retain high calibre individuals. From competitive salaries to pensions and career development, let us show you some of the benefits in working for one of the premier surveying companies in the UK.